A citizen my apply for a burn permit within the Dothan City limits provided applicant meets all requirements for open burning as set forth by the City of Dothan Burn Ordinance and The State of Alabama Fire Marshal’s Office. If a burn permit is granted, the City of Dothan Fire Marshal or appointees may revoke the permit if permittee is found to be in violation of any of the conditions noted below, or if any false statement or misrepresentation has been in which the permit was based.
It is hereby understood that the above mentioned permitted person or company assumes full responsibility for any loss of and/ or damage to life and property as a result directly or indirectly from said open burning. Permit fees to be made payable to the CITY OF DOTHAN. (Check or cash accepted only) Permit is valid for 7 days from the date of issuance and may be extended to 10 days for commercial due to weather delays.
Permitted applicant agrees to comply with the following conditions:
- Burn material restricted to live growth only. No trash or household debris to be burned.
- Fire must be attended at all times, until extinguished. Burn is designated to area only.
- Burn site must be 50 feet from any resident’s building and 500 feet from any other buildings.
- Method of fire control to be maintained at site (water hose, tractor, extinguishers, etc).
- Do not burn in windy conditions in excess of 5 MPH.
- Permit to be maintained at burn site.
- “Notice of Open Burn” signage must be displayed at commercial burn sites.